Tuesday 23 February 2016

Turned stick-up kid, but look what you done did....

Got sent up for a eight year bid.

--

Yesterday was spent in a turmoil of anticipation and stress leading up to the cup tie v Shrewsbury.

I've not gone to see United on a regular basis since 2004, and yet I am still affected by their results. This season may explain why I'm such a miserable git. It certainly explains why my dad is a such a miserable git as he actually still goes to watch them. :0))

It was a pleasant morning so Gel and I went out together to pick up stuff she'd sourced on t'interwebs. In the afternoon I used some leftovers from Sunday lunch and produced a variation on the Leek and Potato soup that I will now call Leek and Potato and Brocolli and Pork soup. Rolls off the tongue doesn't it?

Around tea time Caitlin arrived for a haircut (it was a "Jean" Monday). I scuttled off and watched the mighty reds. Although they were the mighty "whites" last night. I guess that was in case their red shirts clashed with Shrewsbury's yellow and blue kit......go figure.

A workmanlike performance saw off a team struggling 60 places below them in the leagues. Utd were in a no-win situation really. It was only made worse when LvG poked himself in the eye with a pencil while trying drink some water.

Bring on West Ham.

--

Random pic to decorate the blog. Royal Exchange Theatre, Manchester.






No comments: