Monday 1 February 2016

Foul

When I was thinking about what to write, I had started with "The weather was foul and I didn't leave the house apart from going to pick up Pheebs from her school trip..."

Except, of course, that wasn't true. I'd been out on a bike ride. I went out for my normal ride, and the the time was pretty quick, but boy was it uncomfortable. Wet and windy and cold. My feet were like blocks of ice by the time I finished.

The more uncomfortable the ride, the greater the sense of achievement.

--

I have had some correspondence about the way I linked Spotlight and The Big Short. Just to clarify, the former is a film about the abuse of children and the consequent institutional cover up, the latter is about the financial collapse of 2008 and the institutional cover up by the banks, in who's interest it was to maintain the value of the mortgage bonds they were selling.

--

I made a rather nice light fruit loaf yesterday. It should have had dates (yum) and chopped almonds (yum), but not having almonds I used walnuts (yum) and a small amount of crystallised ginger. I think date and walnut might be my favourite cake.......


--

1 comment: