Tuesday 2 February 2016

I've seen more meat on a butcher's pencil



Yep, that's me. Leopardskin trunks and flipflops. What every well dressed young man was wearing in the late 60's / early 70's in Mombasa (or was it Malindi?).

Between 1968 and 1972 I lived in Nairobi, Kenya. For holidays we, more often than not, went to the coast. It was a 300 mile drive along what I recall was a tarmac road of variable quality, with occasional diversions into the bush where, I assume the road was either under repair, or waiting for repair.

I remember spending hours on the beach constructing sandcastles into which I would put small crabs, which were abundant on the beach.

I also remember being scared witless once when my dad took me snorkelling out to the reef. Although I could swim, I wasn't that strong a swimmer and felt, and was, out of my depth. I got really scared when I dropped my mask and in sank to the reef and I had to wait while Dad recovered it. Having said all that, I'm still here to tell the tale, and I'm sure I saw stuff I wouldn't have normally seen, so it probably wasn't as bad as I remember.

I also remember, I hope accurately, that one of these holidays featured a key moment in my life. The first time I had a curry. I do have a vague memory on one of these holidays going in the car to collect food of some sort from a restaurant/takeway and I wonder if that was it.

--

Yesterday, Poussey went back for her final post-op. The vet declared her fit and well, and cute (nice one vet-lady). She also said Poussey could go out in about a week......eek.

Anyway, there was non of the post-vet shenanigans that we had last week, and the two of them were bessie mates straight away. Here they are watching stuff blow around the garden.


--

A quiet day otherwise, with a visit from Frank the Electrician to sort out a couple of things, and a curry with a mate of mine where he showed me pictures of his cock (he's moved to the country and has a chicken coop) and I responded by showing pictures of my pussy (Poussey).

Yes, we're that juvenile I'm afraid.

No comments: