Sunday 21 February 2016

Saturday

Yesterday morning I dropped Gel off at the Didsbury Parsonage for a day school on gardening. Seeding, seedlings, planting etc. I headed off into the city centre to shoot some pics and suss out a few locations for a project which is in the early stages of planning.

It was wet as a wet thing. After wandering around for a few hours with my camera sheltered under my arm to keep it dry I gave up and headed home. It was thoroughly miserable.

Here are a few of the pics I managed to capture during the short time I was there:


Oldham Street.


Tib Street. The street was closed yesterday as there was a huge crane lifting some building stuff into a site. This guy was watching the crane at work.


Bus Stop. Church Street. I liked the separation and change in height of the women waiting for the bus.


Market Street. I used a slow shutter speed to blur the shoppers while keeping the buildings sharp.


The Piccadilly Rats. Any Manchester-based street shooter will have at least one shot of this lot. They are an institution. A guitarist/singer and a drummer, and then an assortment of old blokes dancing.

--

A few days ago, I regaled you with tales of the Bicycle Safari Rally me and my mates used to have. My dad scanned in a few pics of the actual rally.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Brilliant street photos! Did you notice the lack of helmets in the rally cars!