Thursday 18 February 2016

Tuesday

As you must know by now, Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday are my regular riding days. I have managed to go out for a bike ride on most of these days over the last few months. Even if the weather looks dreadful, I force myself out. Most times I come back glad that I did.

I am also a member of the Wilmslow Guild Photo Soc, and over the last few years there has been a noticeable increase in the number of female members. This is very welcome. A few of them have banded together and have regular outings and meetings outside the club nights. Last year, and planned again this year, they had a trip to Arles where there is a famous photo festival.

When I first started my treatment, I had a very nice invitation to join their regular meetings. On Monday this week a text came through from Pat inviting me to this weeks event, which I didn't read properly as I assumed it was in the afternoon which I couldn't attend.

However, when I actually looked I realised the invitation was for the morning, but I'd already committed myself to my regular ride.....hang on. Why not ride over to Hale for the meeting and then ride back afterwards? That would be a nice change, would allow me to go to the meeting, and would still mean a bit of exercise.

The ride there actually took less time than I had anticipated, about 30 mins. So after a cup of coffee, a (ahem) brownie, and a nice chat, I set off back deciding to take a slightly circuitous route. The day was cold, but bright, and there was a strong wind into my face all the way from Hale to Mobberly. It was a bugger. However, I guessed that the wind direction meant that if I could struggle to the end of the Alderly Edge by-pass I'd get a free ride home. And so it was. I felt I was flying.

--

Wednesday

We'd had a visitor on Tuesday evening. AW is someone both Gel and I have known for many years. She is lovely company, but has one really terrible character flaw. She is a Liverpool fan. That aside, it was lovely to see her. During our conversations, and I can't recall how it cropped up, it turns out she know one of the team of architects responsible for the Whitworth Art Gallery extension that opened last year, but AW hadn't seen it, so we decided to go for a look before dropping her off at the station for the next section of her northern jaunt.

This is AW enjoying the 'cafe in the canopy' at the Whitworth.



Art installation? No, its the buggy park for the mums and toddlers group.


I don't know how it was for you yesterday, but it felt like it pretty much pissed down here all day. So after we'd dropped AW at Victoria Station (and that in itself was a trek of huge proportions given the building work going on in Manchester city centre just now) we trundled over to Costco to fill up on industrial quantities of kitchen roll, marmalade and eggs.






No comments: