Monday 22 February 2016

Busy, busy, busy

So I was going to write about how I'd been a busy bee yesterday, but failed to get out of the house. That, however, would have ignored the 20mile bike ride I did in the morning.

I suffered towards the end of the day because of the ride. I found my legs were a bit tired (understatement) and also I had some pain in my left groin. Made sleep a bit awkward, just trying to find that comfy position that didn't stretch the muscles too much.

Anyway. On the day before (Sat) I was in the house in the afternoon and had a look out at the garden, and the pond in particular. I did so because it suddenly popped into my head that out frogs ought to be making an appearance sometime soon, but the pond was quiet and nothing was to be seen.

Twenty four hours later, however, and it was like a bacchanalian scene from a premier league footballers christmas party with frogs writhing around in the pond and on the lawn. Here is the result.



We've had a visitor to the garden over the last few months. A rather handsome thing we've come to name Sand Cat (and don't tell me you don't name garden visitors.....). (S)He was also in the garden with a large frog in his/er mouth. This I did not like. So I ran out of the back door, but Sand Cat managed to pick up the frog and disappear into the undergrowth. I knew that all Sand Cat was going to do was play with this poor creature until it was dead. I ran out a few times until I finally caught him/her off guard and put the frog back with his mates in the pond.

During the day when I wasn't bike riding, or cat chasing I cooked a nice bit of pork very slowly. I also had a a go at Lemon Drizzle Cake with a twist. I put some dark chocolate in. Pretty off the wall, eh?

It tastes pretty good, but most of the chocolate sank to the bottom. I'm sure Mary Berry could tell me why....


In the evening was watched the first episode of the new series of Gogglebox (yay), and the for the first episode of that John le Carre thing about hotels (yay).


No comments: