Monday 21 March 2016

Way down south

In Birmingham
Way down south
In Alabam

Actually in Warwickshire, and this is the location of the National Exhibition Centre (NEC) which is the home of the Photography Show. I set off at the crack of dawn this morning (7:30), had a stop at Hilton Park services and arrived precisely on time.

The purpose of the show is to publicise new products and services for the photography loving public. I bought a couple of items - one for me, and one for a neighbour - but was sorely tempted by a show special price of £70 to buy a drone.....but I resisted.

Here are a few pics from the day



Re-enactors were brought in to provide targets for all us image-hungry togs.


Printing technology.


Talks


Hands on with new kit.


Demonstrations


Photo products


Piles of old tat for sale to raise funds for the Society of Disabled Photographers.


Andy Rouse bigging up the Canon EOS 1DX Mk II. I'd better start saving.


Magnum Photographer Bruce Gilden signing books.


Magnum Photographer Bruce Gilden doing a Q&A after showing us some of his photos. During the Q&A ha threatened to interact physically with somebody who asked a question "If I was twenty years younger I'd have punched you in the face"









No comments: