Tuesday 8 March 2016

Does it count?

I have a fair amount of pictures to process, and thoughts to organise before I commit to writing a blog about our recent trip to Florence. But I did have a thought while I was away.

Being a bloke, I have, on occasion, put together lists of things. Countries visited, baseball parks visited (to see a game), football grounds visited, concerts attended, and so on.

There clearly need to be some ground rules when completing these lists. Otherwise it would be chaos. You can visit a sports stadium when a game isn't on, for example, but does that count?

Listing all the baseball stadiums I've been to could include this one at Aberdeen, Maryland as I have been there, but in the off season.



Of course, those sort of rules are entirely at my command, and in this case it doesn't count.

However, I do need some advice about the rules for countries visited. If you happen to be in a plane that lands at an airport in a country you haven't been to, can that count? If so, after this weekend, I can add Germany as we stopped over in Munich for an hour (I had a currywurst for my dinner). I can also add Uganda. Not from this weekend, I might add, but in 1968 flying from UK to Kenya we had two stops, Rome and Entebbe and although I've been to Italy since (this last weekend for example) I don't recall having gone to Uganda while we were over there.

Do you think I should be able to add Germany and Uganda to my list?

1 comment:

Angharad said...

I think pehaps you should add them to a new list of "Airports I Have Visited" rather than possibly taint the purity of the "Countries Visited" list