Thursday 3 March 2016

Monday, Monday

I have still been plagued with pain. My groin has still been sore and my shoulder, in certain positions, has been agony, so I've been trying to do as little as possible.

We have a weekend away in Florence planned for this weekend, and I've been in such pain that we've had an adult conversation about cancelling it. Spoiler alert: we're not.

So the only thing I have to report on is my bi-weekly visit with the Photo Soc ladies. We all met in the food hall at Altrincham Market. I recall having described the market in a previous blog, but this was the first time I've actually sat down and used the foodhall. I can report that the coffee is splendid and that the maple and pecan muffins are pretty good too. I hope you understand that I only had a muffin so that I could provide a full report back about the drink AND food on offer. <ahem>

It's great fun spending time with my new mates. There is a different level of conversation. Luckily there are a couple of football fans, else I'd have nothing to contribute. They have come together as a group and have a project in mind which I'll tell you more about as it draws to a conclusion.

---

Oops, looks like I left this in Drafts and forgot to post it....

--

So Wednesday was better from a pain perspective and we haven't cancelled our trip. Furious preparations are underway.

If you cast your mind back a few weeks I told you about my visit to BBC Radio Drama to hear "Trial By Laughter" written by Nick Newman and Ian Hislop being recorded. Here is evidence that it wasn't just the ravings of a deluded mind, but I did really go.


L-R: Hislop, Caitlin, Moi.

You can hear it here --> Trial By Laughter . See if you can hear me in some of the crowd scenes.

--

Yesterday Gel and I went for a coffee and a wander in Altrincham and saw some local ethnic art displayed on the walls of a bridge on the way into the town centre.


I find there is a cheeky insouciance about this piece. A post modern comment on the electronic world that engulfs us all. It's a picture of a cock and balls.



No comments: