Saturday 11 June 2016

Times

So, I am now a retired ex-employee of the Lloyds Banking Group. I have been retired on grounds of ill-health. This is something I am very grateful to them for. The thought of not having to worry about work is a real benefit. I have definitely slowed down, both physically and mentally.

I'm hoping that as my body gets used to the drugs I'm on those will lift a little. Certainly I seem to be seeing the back pain problems reducing, with the hope that they'll go completely.

--

As Kurt Wallander said in the last episode on Sunday, parenting is a long process of letting go.

Two things happened this week that made Gel and I reminisce.

First it was Caitlin's 26th birthday. Where did that all go? I first clapped eyes on her as a visitor to Withington Hosptital when she was only a day or two old. There she was, the little bundle in Gel's arms, and just look at her now.

The second event was that Pheebs embarked on her first driving lesson. Again, where did that go? I remember that when I first held her in my arms she cried. I cried. I was scared I'd done something wrong, but we quickly got used to each other.

No comments: