Wednesday 22 June 2016

It's all about pain, baybee...!

So yesterday's visit to the hospital wasn't was gloomy as we'd expected. Sure the blood indicators aren't going in the direction we'd hoped, but that could be because the new drug is taking time to take effect. So another two months just to see what's occurring.

All this pain I'm getting is from the cancer that is in the bone, and I need to manage it. So I am now on a regime of 8 paracetamol a day and 3 uber-sized ibuprofen. Today is the first day of the new regime, and I have to admit there is an improvement. I'd say a good reduction in pain, with some of it becoming just discomfort, which I'll take for now thank you.

This may go down further as the drug can cause the cancer in the bone to "flare" a little before settling down. Fingers crossed eh?

----


Stairwell. Benzie Building, MMU.


Today, Pheebs, Gel and I visited MMU School of Art for their Open Day. Very impressive.

I think we've all come back enthused about the University in general, and the Foundation course in particular. All three of fancy going on it.....but I suspect that might cramp Pheeb's style a bit.

The tutor-student interaction seemed great.

We then went to the MMU Art Exhibition which was stunning. It finishes today, so a bit pointless me recommending you visit, but perhaps you could bookmark it for next year. There really was some stunning work on display.

No comments: