Tuesday 12 April 2016

Happy Days

Over the last month or so, I've been suffering with a few physical ailments which have got me down a bit. I seem to be slower in overcoming them than before. However, there are signs that I'm coming through, and things are perking up.

Last time out I told you about the work that Gel and I had put in trying to help Caitlin and Andy with their house. Although this has taken a lot out of me, it has also made me feel great. It's kick started me into Spring.

Just overnight we've had a lovely house guest from another part of the EU. Miriam is a childhood friend of Gel's currently living in Germany. She tries to come over regularly to visit family and friends (and smuggle back all those English things you can't get in Germany). She is mad as a box of frogs and I can see why she and Gel get on so well :0)), and we had a lovely time entertaining her and introducing her to our new cats (she's not been to see us for over a year so hasn't met them before).

The weather is trying to become Springlike, and much as I try to portray myself as a winter lover, there's no denying that the warmer weather and longer days are nice.

The other big thing that indicates I'm returning to normal, is that on my way out of the house this morning, I picked up my camera. Not something I've done for a while. This is a phenomenon that Phil and I have discussed at length. How you you can go into a bit of a trough, not having taken a picture for weeks, and then get a nice kick from starting up again.

And I did take one today, but am reluctant to share it as I think it might form the start of a little project, and I want to get a few more before unveiling it to you.

So for now, here's one from the archives.


I do like this one. I took it at Chester Zoo on Oct 15th 2006.

No comments: