Wednesday 13 April 2016

A list of bands



While we've been decorating in Sale, we've listened to a great deal of Smooth FM. It's been amazing how many of the songs I know. I reckon that it must be a 95% hit rate. When I say "I know", I mean they are familiar to me, so I can hum them or sing the chorus, but I might not immediately be able to name either song or artist. That must be a function of being so old, but what has surprised me is how many artists are ones I've actually shelled out money to see.

And that got me onto a mental list of all the bands I've been to see (which isn't that many). You know how we blokes like a good list. I'll be interested to see how many get added over the next few weeks.

Jonathan Richman and the Modern Lovers
Blondie
Stranglers
Stiff Little Fingers
OMD
The Pogues
The Cure
Siouxsie and the Banshees
Hootie and the Blowfish
Elvis Costello (Apollo, Bridgewater Hall, Lancaster Uni, Liverpool Royal Court, Liverpool Philharmonic, Birmingham NEC, Birmingham Odeon, Royal Albert Hall)
Crowded House
B-52's
Kleenex
The Damned
The Slits
David Bowie
Prince
The Rolling Stones
Little Bo Bitch
Joe Jackson
Orchestra Baobab
Buena Vista All Stars
Steve Earle
The Dead Kennedys
The Jam
The Specials (Two Tone Tour)
Buzzcocks (supported by Joy Division)
Sex Pistols (2014 version)
Young Marble Giants
Revillos
Nico
Fairground Attraction
Bob Dylan
The Long Ryders
Los Lobos
John Mayall
Dr John
Slim Gaillard
The Incredible Jimmy Smith
Johnny Winter
Nick Lowe
U2 (Salford Uni Student Union)
Barenaked Ladies
The Mod-ettes
Gogol Bordello
Robert Cray

---

New additions

Michelle Shocked
Billy Bragg
Teardrop Explodes
Van Morrison

3 comments:

Simon Fisher said...

Billy Bragg.

Unknown said...

What a great list!

Sara said...

Generation X at Rafters (before Billy Idol went it alone)