Wednesday 19 October 2016

Like meeting up with an old friend,

reading the blog of someone (like me) who inconsistently blogs, the conversation just picks up like we'd never stopped.....<ahem>.

This blog comes live from the lounge at East Cheshire Hospice where I am booked in for a blood transfusion. My haemoglobin is a bit low, and this ought to perk me up a touch.

--

So I had a Saturday afternoon free the other weekend and decided I'd try and get a wee bit of exercise not only of me legs, but of me shutter finger.

I decided to hit Styal Mill, which is fairly close by, and should offer an off photo opp.

I've walked out of the house before forgetting a memory card, or a lens, or a battery, but I arrived at Styal only to realise I left my whole camera behind. I had a spare lens in my bag, but no camera. What a dunce.

--

On Sunday nights BBC R5Live Extra broadcast an NFL game live from the States, and I put it on as I go to sleep. I used to be a regular listener to the radio as I went to sleep but have simply dropped out of the habit. However, there are occasions when a bit of live sport is nice. Not all live sport, mind.

I find boxing far too loud and jumpy. Cricket is not bad, but by far the best for sending me off is golf. The hushed tones of the commentators wary of distracting the players. Fab.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

never got as far as forgetting the camera! The sound of the commentators at the United Liverpool game would have put anyone to sleep!