Wednesday 10 August 2016

OH

A nice visit from Occupational Health today to see if there were any aids they could provide to help me around the house.

At the time we were originally referred, it's fair to say I was in a bit of a state. All due to this pain around my ribs. While I'm not completely pain free, I think it's fair to say that there has been and improvement.

So we got to meet Freya today and discussed a number of possibilities for helping me around the house, from steps to get into the shower, to raising chair legs to make them a better height.

I think we've opted for a device that will raise me up in bed - or simply allow me to sleep at an angle - which is a bit more sophisticated that than the pile of pillows and duvet covers I'm currently using, a bottle to wee into if I find it hard to get out of bed (a bit of an emergency device this one as getting up isn't causing me too much bother just now), and a non-slip mat for the shower.

--

All this thought about kit is starting to feel a little redundant as each day my rib pain gets better and better. It has a long way to go mind, to fully go, but there's a definite improvement.

This means I can start to think about doing things. No hang-gliding or ultra marathons just yet, but I am starting to feel I can plan to do things a little more. Like going to see the new Star Trek film, for example.

--

We are enjoying the Olympics - watched a great doc about Danny Boyle's opening ceremony for 2012 too - but some of these "first week sports" are a hard watch. We enjoyed the synchro diving, but found the canoeing and horse stuff, and skeet shooting, a touch dull.

But, of course, the return of the footie after such a long break is very welcome.

Thanks to all for your kind words and messages. They've been a real tonic over the last few months where we've been suffering.

1 comment:

CG said...

Horse stuff dull! Wash out your mouth! Glad you're feeling more comfortable xxxx